- 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out with moist crumbs (top will crack). Cool on a wire rack (cake
- will settle). Cover and chill for 1 hour. Run a knife around edge of
- pan before removing sides.
- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the chips, cream, butter and
- corn syrup; cook over low heat until chocolate is melted; stirring
- occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth.
- Spread enough of the glaze over top and sides of cake to cover. Chill
- for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining glaze. Chill overnight. Serve
- with raspberries and mint if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
Editor's Note: The amount of vanilla called for in the recipe is correct.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 417 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.