MY FRIEND shared this recipe with me several years ago. It is a good side dish that compliments chicken, pork and beef. It’s a big hit whenever I serve it.
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked egg noodles or vermicelli, crushed
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add rice and noodles; cook and stir
- for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in broth. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice
- is tender and broth is absorbed. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 297 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 737 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.