- carrot. Set aside noodles and vegetables.
- Fill a shallow bowl with water. Soak a rice paper in the water just
- until pliable, 30-45 seconds (depending on thickness of rice
- papers); remove, allowing excess water to drip off.
- Place on a flat surface. Layer vegetables and noodles down the
- center; top with peanuts and, if desired, cilantro. Fold both ends
- over filling; fold one long side over the filling, then roll up
- tightly. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Repeat with
- remaining ingredients.
- Cover with damp paper towels until serving. Cut rolls diagonally in
- half; serve with peanut sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll with 2 teaspoons sauce equals 191 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer