Rice 'n' Black Bean Bake
"When I come home from work, I start cooking rice for this meatless casserole right away," mentions Kathy Prado of Fort Worth, Texas. "The rest is a breeze, because it's just opening cans and mixing. That's my kind of cooking."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Corn or tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Stir in the
- rice, sour cream and 1 cup of cheese. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is
- melted. Serve with corn or tortilla chips. Yield: 6 main-dish or
- 8-10 side-dish servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 362 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 907 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.