Make the best of summer produce with this easy recipe from Julie Gwinn of Hershey, Pennsylvania. These colorful veggie strips, sauteed in lemon and horseradish, will add zip to any menu.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut very thin slices
- down the length of each carrot, zucchini and yellow squash, making
- long ribbons.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter for 2 minutes. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients. Cook 2-4 minutes longer or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.