Rhubarb-Strawberry Gelatin Molds
"This recipe comes from a neighbor with a very large and beautiful rhubarb and strawberry patch," says Janice Wiebelt from Hartville, Ohio. "This was her favorite salad and one of mine as well!"
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the rhubarb, water and
- sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or
- until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until
- dissolved. Add the strawberries, orange juice and peel.
- Divide between two 4-in. mini fluted pans coated with cooking spray;
- refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Just before serving, invert
- molds onto serving plates; garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 143 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,