Rhubarb Slush Punch
For years, our family has toasted special occasions with this cool, quenching punch. It's easy to freeze, so we serve it year-round. Usually, we double the recipe and store it in the freezer in a clean, empty ice cream bucket.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + freezing
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 10 cups club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and 4 cups water to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Mash rhubarb; strain. Reserve juice and discard pulp. Add sugar,
- concentrates and remaining water to rhubarb juice. Transfer to a
- freezer container and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving, scraping the
- surface as it thaws. Place equal amounts of slush mixture and club
- soda in each serving glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 244 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.