"I first tried this fruity, refreshing dessert at a potluck and loved it," recalls Charla Sackmann of Glidden, Iowa. "Only after requesting the recipe did I learn it was sugar-free."
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- Place rhubarb in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high
- for 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is softened, stirring every 2
- minutes. Stir in gelatin until dissolved; cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2
- minutes. Fold into rhubarb mixture. Spoon into crust. Cover and
- refrigerate until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 134 calories, 160 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 23 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.