- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg
- and water until smooth. Add rhubarb. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add food coloring if desired. Set
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Add the baking
- powder, baking soda and salt to remaining crumb mixture. In a small
- bowl, combine the egg, yogurt and vanilla; stir into batter until
- smooth. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Combine the egg, Mascarpone cheese and sugar; spoon over batter. Top
- with rhubarb mixture. Add pecans and coconut to reserved crumb
- mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes;
- remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 467 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.