Rhubarb Raspberry Pie
My family loves rhubarb and raspberries, so I was happy to find this recipe several years ago. We recently moved from the city to the country and are thoroughly enjoying our new life-style.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Gently stir in the
- rhubarb, raspberries and lemon juice. Let stand for at least 15
- minutes or up to 1 hour to soften tapioca; stir gently several
- Line a pie plate with bottom crust. Pour filling into crust. Top with
- a lattice crust. Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until the
- crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm or at room
- temperature. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 378 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.