Rhubarb Raspberry Crisp
Every time I've entered our Boone County Bake-Off, I've won a blue ribbon. Last summer, when the category was rhubarb, this recipe was the grand champion! See if your family thinks it's a winner, too. The orange juice and peel give it real zest.
Along with cooking and sharing recipes with my two daughters and friends, I love gardening and bird-watching.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Juice and peel of 1 orange
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and peel. In
- another bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter
- as for pastry. Add oats and pecans; mix well. Turn rhubarb mixture
- into an 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with raspberries
- and cover with crumb topping. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or
- until topping is browned. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 306 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.