Rhubarb Raisin Marmalade
At a retreat in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, I sampled a marmalade combining rhubarb and raisins. I loved it so much that I went home and tried to duplicate it. I added the strawberries to make the marmalade even sweeter.
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Process: 10 min.
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 medium lemon
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Finely grate orange and lemon peels; squeeze and reserve juices. In a
- Dutch oven, combine the peels, juices, sugar, rhubarb, strawberries
- and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved;
- add raisins. Bring to a full rolling boil; cook over medium heat
- until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe
- rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: 4 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 168 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.