Rhubarb Raisin Crisp
Martha Dayton of Alexander, New York writes, "In spring, this crisp is the first thing I make with our garden rhubarb. I double the recipe for company."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 2 tablespoons flour; transfer to
- a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with raisins. Combine
- the sugar, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over raisins.
- Combine the brown sugar, oats and remaining flour; cut in butter
- until crumbly. Sprinkle over top. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes
- or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if
- desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.