- and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie
- plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- Place rhubarb in crust. Whisk the sugar, flour, salt, egg yolks and
- cream; pour over rhubarb. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or
- until a knife comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine 4 teaspoons sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook
- for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy.
- Add cornstarch mixture; beat on high until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high
- until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread evenly over hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Bake for 15
- minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1
- hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 388 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.