My daughter makes this marmalade every spring when rhubarb's abundant. Our family enjoys her gift…a refreshing departure in flavor from all the berry jams and jellies. —Leo Nerbonne, Delta Juction, Alaska
64 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Process: 10 min.
- 6 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 medium oranges
- Combine rhubarb and sugar in a Dutch oven. Grind oranges, including
- the peels, in a food processor; add to rhubarb mixture. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring often until
- marmalade sheets from a spoon, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles;
- wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: about 8 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 76 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.