Rhubarb Ice Cream
"Always refreshing, this rich-tasting ice cream is great on a spring or summer evening," suggests field editor Rachel Garcia of Honolulu, Hawaii.
5 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + freezing
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place rhubarb in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-40
- minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a
- bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in lemon juice. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually fold into rhubarb mixture. Transfer to a shallow 2-qt.
- freezer container. Freeze, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring every 15
- minutes. Cover and freeze overnight. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 489 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.