Rhubarb Blueberry Jam
Rhubarb is a tart flavored fruit which goes well with the sweet blueberries. The jam goes well on toast or English muffins.Dorothea Cleveland, Loveland, Colorado
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 10 min.
- 5 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- In a Dutch oven, combine rhubarb and water. Cook over medium-high
- heat for 4 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Add sugar and bring
- to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir in pie filling.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Add gelatin and mix well.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process
- for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.