"If you like Reuben sandwiches, you'll be delighted with the flavor of this unusual soup," assures Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska. Crunchy rye bread croutons top a hearty bread of convenient canned soups, sauerkraut, corned beef and mozzarella cheese.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 slices rye bread
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound deli corned beef, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Butter bread on both sides; cube. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, sauerkraut
- and corned beef; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or
- until heated through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Top with
- croutons. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 266 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,532 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.