Relish Cheese Spread
“I got this recipe from my mother years ago, and my own kids and grandkids love it,” writes Wanda Zacher from Oroville, Washington. “Now, I often double the ingredients and take it along on family picnics.”
TIP: This spread also tastes great on crisp celery sticks.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Additional chives, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and ketchup until
- smooth. Add the relish, chives, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; mix
- well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with additional
- chives if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat mayonnaise); calculated without crackers equals 113 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.