You'll hardly be able to rein folks in once they see these crispy critters! CT's cooks hurried the herd together using a sweetened mix of chocolate, rice cereal and peanut butter, then designed deer with pretzels and candies.
21 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + standing
- 6 cups chocolate-flavored crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 40 miniature pretzels, halved
- 80 miniature peanut butter candies
- 40 red-hot candies
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine
- the brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour over cereal and stir until coated.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Let stand until set. Place two pretzel halves in each ball for
- antlers. Position two peanut butter candies on each for eyes and one
- red-hot for nose. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 351 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.