Refrigerator Lime Cheesecake
I made this for a Father's Day party, and it was a hit! I guarantee compliments when you serve this fantastic dessert. —Cher Anjema, Kleinburg, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 38 ladyfingers, split
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lime juice, chilled
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberry and lime slices, optional
- Arrange 22 split ladyfingers around the edges and 16 split
- ladyfingers on the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. springform pan; set
- aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold lime juice;
- let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin
- is completely dissolved; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the melted chocolate, lime peel and gelatin
- mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and
- refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Remove sides of pan. Garnish
- with strawberry and lime slices if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 429 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium,