Refrigerator Confetti Brownies
This quick recipe is perfect for the summer because it is no bake. I don't have to heat up my kitchen for a wonderful dessert.Marcia Dzikiewicz, Newfield, New York
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups colored miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, marshmallows, nuts and sugar. In
- a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and milk over low heat,
- stirring often until blended and smooth. Remove from the heat; add
- extract if desired. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture over crumb mixture; stir until well
- blended. Pour batter into a greased 8-in. square dish. Press down
- evenly. Frost with reserved chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate
- for 1 hour. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.