Refreshing Tomato Bruschetta
“This recipe’s best with sun-warmed tomatoes and basil fresh from the garden,” says Greta Igl of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. “My husband and I love this so much, we can make a meal of it alone!”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Brush 2 teaspoons oil over one side of each slice of bread; place
- bread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Rub cut side of garlic over bread.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, basil, parsley,
- vinegar, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Spoon onto bread; serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pieces equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.