Refreshing Lime Slush
Nothing quenches my thirst on a hot summer day quite like this slush with a subtle lime flavor. When warm weather arrives, a batch will be chilling in my freezer.Karen Bourne, Magrath, Alberta
30 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 11 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Lime slices, optional
- In a 4-qt. freezer container, combine the water, sugar and limeade
- concentrate until sugar is dissolved; cover and freeze. Remove from
- the freezer several hours before serving. Chop mixture until slushy.
- Add soda just before serving. Garnish with lime slices if desired.
- Yield: 5-1/2 quarts (30 servings).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.