Refreshing Lemon Pie
Have a little time on your hands, but your family still expects dessert with dinner? This easy-as-pie recipe provides a refreshingly simple solution. You'll appreciate the short list of ingredients-and the even shorter preparation time!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Mint leaves and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, grated lemon peel and food
- coloring if desired; mix until smooth (mixture will begin to
- thicken). Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust. Chill until
- ready to serve. If desired, garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel
- strips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 347 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.