Refreshing Lemon-Lime Drink
Here is a lighter version of the famous margarita-without the alcohol! It goes very well with Mexican dishes or as a cool summertime drink in the shade.
-Lisa Castillo of Bourbonnais, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups chilled diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 medium lime, sliced
- In a large container, combine the limeade and lemonade concentrates
- and orange extract. Stir in water.
- Just before serving, stir in lemon-lime soda. Serve over ice. Garnish
- with lemon and lime slices. Yield: 3 quarts (12 servings, 1 cup per
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 84 calories, trace g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.