- in the eggs, sour cream, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. Combine
- the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add
- to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies, about 1
- tablespoon on each. Top with remaining cookies. Drizzle with melted
- baking chips; sprinkle with nuts. Store in an airtight container in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 whoopie pie equals 272 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.