Red Pepper Chicken
Chicken breasts are treated to a bevy of black beans, red peppers and tomatoes in this Southwestern supper from Piper Spiwak. "We love this colorful dish over rice cooked in chicken broth," pens the Vienna, Virginia cook.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the
- beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over the
- chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is
- tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.