Red Onion Foccacia for Two
Our Test Kitchen suggests this delicious but quick way to make focaccia using frozen bread dough.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 red onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough together. Roll out into a
- 7-in. circle. Place on greased 7-1/2-in. pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Brush with oil. Top with onion slices. Sprinkle with Italian
- seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic salt; brush over warm
- foccacia. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before cutting. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.