Red Cabbage Slaw
Gladys De Boer offers an alternative to traditional coleslaw with this colorful contribution. The Castleford, Idaho subscriber tosses shredded red cabbage with a homemade honey-mustard dressing for refreshing results.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 cups shredded red cabbage
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, honey,
- salt and mustard; shake well. Place cabbage in a large bowl; add
- dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 186 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.