- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, lemon juice, flour, salt,
- cinnamon and nutmeg.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to
- 1/8-in. thick circle. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate, trimming even
- with edge. Fill with apple mixture, mounding in the center. Dot
- apples with butter. Lightly brush rim of pastry with some of the
- beaten egg.
- Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim,
- seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush top with egg;
- sprinkle with superfine sugar. Place on a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°. Bake 50-60
- minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts:iece equals 526 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.