These started out as breakfast for Christmas morning. I added all the goodies that I liked on a baked potato. Another great thing is that this can be made ahead of time. One year I made a casserole with the extra mixture I had. Pair with Gallo® Family Vineyards Sonoma Reserve Chardonnay.Taste of Home Cooking School
6-8 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours Bake: 30 min.
- 6 to 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 to 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Additional shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; rub with oil if desired. Bake at
- 400° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender. Let stand until
- cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a
- thin shell. Place pulp, butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and
- mash. Fold in green onions, bacon, cheese and pepper. Spoon into
- potato shells. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-30
- minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Let stand 3-5 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
B>Breakfast Variation: Follow recipe above but press an indentation or hole in the middle of each stuffed potato; refrigerate until set. Bake as directed. Remove from the oven and crack one egg into each indentation. Bake until the egg is firm and