In Oceanside, California, Lois McAtee relies on frozen vegetables and ravioli to hurry along this colorful main dish. It's pleasantly seasoned with minced garlic and fresh parsley.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Italian vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 3 minutes or until
- tender. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute longer or until garlic is
- Stir in broth. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley,
- salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are
- tender. Drain pasta. Add to vegetables mixture; toss to coat. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.