When you taste this casserole, you'll think it came from a complicated, from-scratch recipe. Really, though, it starts with frozen ravioli and has only three other ingredients.Patricia Smith, Asheboro, North Carolina
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen sausage or cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the
- spaghetti sauce, half of the ravioli and beef and 1/2 cup cheese;
- repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 438 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,178 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.