Raspberry Truffle Cake Pops
Rich chocolate with a hint of raspberry liqueur...it doesn't get any better than this!
48 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + freezing
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup canned vanilla frosting
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons raspberry liqueur
- Red food coloring, optional
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- Pink candy coating, chopped
- Pink sprinkles and decorative sugar, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add the frosting, jam, liqueur and
- food coloring if desired; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on
- baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt dark candy coating. Dip each cake pop in
- coating; allow excess to drip off. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam
- block to stand. Melt pink candy coating; drizzle over cake pops.
- Decorate some cake pops with sprinkles and sugar if desired. Let
- stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.