Raspberry Tossed Salad
Red raspberries brighten this tossed green salad, making it the perfect ingredient for a festive yuletide menu. Raspberry juice brings a special touch to the light oil and vinegar dressing.
-Kerry Sullivan, Longwood, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large salad bowl, gently combine the salad greens and 2-3/4 cups
- raspberries. Mash the remaining berries; strain, reserving juice and
- discarding seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the raspberry juice, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt
- and pepper. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 32 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.