Raspberry Swirled Brownies
Suggests field editor Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska, "Dress up these fruity chocolate bars with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add chocolate syrup and eggs; mix
- well. Add flour and mix well. Beat cream cheese and preserves until
- smooth; gently stir in raspberries. Fold into the batter.
- Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool. Cut
- into 2-1/2-in. diamonds. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and
- mint if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.