Raspberry Sparkle Drop Cookies
Betty Binder of Williamstown, Michigan uses Splenda and sugar-free gelatin to give these guilt-free cookies their sweetness. You can alter the gelatin flavor and color to your liking.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- In a small bowl, beat the shortening, butter and sugar until well
- blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder,
- and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; dip tops in gelatin. Place 2 in. apart on
- baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10
- minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 92 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.