Raspberry Ribbon Pie
While he was growing up, this was my husband's favorite Christmas dessert. When we married, his mother passed it on to me. I take it to family gatherings during the holidays and have yet had any to bring home! It's a cool recipe for summer as well. —Victoria Newman, Antelope, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Pastry for deep-dish single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Fold in cream. Spread half into pie shell. Chill 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve gelatin in water; add lemon juice and
- raspberries. Carefully spoon half over cream cheese layer. Chill
- until set, about 30 minutes.
- Set aside the remaining gelatin mixture at room temperature.
- Carefully spread remaining cream cheese mixture over top of pie.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Top with remaining gelatin. Chill until firm.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 365 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.