Use this Raspberry sauce from our Test Kitchen to garnish any number of store-bought or homemade desserts. It's nice to have in the refrigerator for last-minute entertaining.
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water
- until smooth. Add raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; strain to remove
- seeds. Stir in lemon juice. Transfer to a small bowl. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tablespoon) equals 12 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.