Raspberry Plum Jam
The thing I like best about this jam is the way the plums stretch the flavor of the raspberries. I make it when plums are in season, and we enjoy it all winter long on toast or homemade bread.
For a few years, my husband and I had a small acreage with chickens, rabbits and sheep. Although we now live in town, our hearts still belong in the country! We have six childrenthree of them grown
96 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4-1/2 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pitted fresh plums (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 10 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine the plums, raspberries, sugar and lemon
- juice. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring
- constantly. Quickly stir in pectin; return to a full rolling boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into
- hot pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe
- rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water
- canner. Yield: 6 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 91 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.