This creamy, smooth mousse from our Test Kitchen is a refreshing finale to any summer meal.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the raspberries in a food processor; cover and puree. Strain
- and discard seeds. Transfer puree to a large bowl. Stir in sugar and
- lemon juice; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for
- 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Stir into raspberry mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened,
- about 1 hour.
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a large bowl. Beat on high speed until
- foamy. Gradually add cream; beat until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or
- until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 168 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.