Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
Our home economists created a concentrate so you can enjoy a refreshing summer beverage any time of year. Sweet raspberries balance the tartness from lemons.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 pounds fresh raspberries (about 14 cups)
- 6 cups sugar
- 4 cups lemon juice
- Chilled tonic water or ginger ale
- Ice cubes
- Place raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until
- blended. Strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds. Place
- juice in a Dutch oven; stir in sugar and lemon juice. Heat over
- medium-high heat to 190°. Do not boil. Remove from the heat;
- skim off foam.
- Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in.
- headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process
- for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- To use concentrate: Mix 1 pint concentrate with 1 pint tonic water.
- Serve over ice. Yield: 5 pints (4 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup lemonade equals 319 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.