These light and airy drops, bursting with bits of chocolate, have long been a holiday favorite at our house. I often make them for luncheons and teas.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min./batch
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and salt until foamy. Combine sugar and
- gelatin powder; gradually add to egg whites, beating until stiff
- peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Beat in vinegar. Fold in the
- chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking
- sheets. Bake at 250° for 25 minutes. Turn oven off, leaving
- kisses in the oven 20 minutes longer. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 46 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.