Raspberry Ice Tea
"I treasure this recipe because of the make-ahead convenience it offers," says Lois McGrady. A few common ingredients are all she needs to serve this refreshing beverage at her Hillsville, Virginia home.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 quarts water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 10 individual tea bags
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, bring water and sugar to a boil. Remove from the
- heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the raspberries, tea bags
- and lemon juice. Cover and steep for 3 minutes. Strain; discard
- berries and tea bags.
- Transfer tea to a large container or pitcher. Refrigerate until
- chilled. Serve over ice. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 83 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.