Raspberry Grilled Cheese
My favorite appetizer is a raspberry-glazed cheese ball, so I used similar ingredients to dress up a plain grilled cheese sandwich. The quick combination was unique but delicious, and it became a popular request in my house.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 4 slices Muenster or baby Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread preserves over bread slices; top with the pecans, onion and
- cheese. Top with remaining bread; butter outsides of bread. Toast on
- a hot griddle for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 637 calories, 41 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.