Raspberry Greek Salad
“An interesting combination of sweet and salty flavors gives this Greek salad a delicious twist. And the tart chewiness of the dried cranberries makes a wonderful complement to the salty feta cheese. I often take this to work for lunch,” says Carine Nadel in Laguna Hills, California.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Greek olives
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches), cut into quarters and warmed, optional
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first nine ingredients. Just before
- serving, drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve with pita
- bread if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cups (calculated without whole wheat pita breads) equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.