Raspberry Fondue Dip
Field editor Edna Hoffman from Hebron, Indiana delights guests with this fun non-traditional fondue. Creamy apple butter and cinnamon red hots add tangy flair!
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon Red Hots candies
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Thaw and drain raspberries, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Mash
- raspberries. Press through a fine-mesh strainer into a small
- saucepan; discard seeds.
- Add apple butter and Red Hots to strained raspberries; cook over
- medium heat until candies are dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth; stir into berry
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened.
- To serve warm, transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Or, to
- serve cold, refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fruit. Yield:
- about 1 cup.