Raspberry Cupcake Dessert
This recipe is a hit with kids of all ages. When I'm in a hurry, store-bought cupcakes work fine. And while I prefer homemade whipped cream, purchased whipped topping is an easy option.Edith Ruth Muldoon, Baldwin, New York
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cream-filled chocolate cupcakes, cut in half
- 1 to 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- Additional raspberries, optional
- Place one cupcake half each in four dessert dishes. In a large bowl,
- beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until
- stiff peaks form. Fold in raspberries. Spoon over cupcakes. Garnish
- with additional berries if desired. Chill until serving. Yield: 4
Editor's Note: This recipe was prepared with Hostess brand cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.