Raspberry Chocolate Trifle
"Elegant but easy" perfectly describes this rich and creamy trifle. Prepared pound cake, frozen berries and instant pudding combine to create one mouthwatering masterpiece that is great for both weekday dinners or specialoccasion suppers.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup raspberry preserves
- Whipped topping
- Additional raspberries, optional
- Mix milk and pudding according to package directions; chill. Cut cake
- into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 2-qt. glass bowl. In a small bowl,
- gently stir together raspberries and preserves; spoon half over
- Pour half of the pudding over raspberries. Cover with remaining cake
- cubes. Layer with remaining berries and pudding. Chill until ready
- to serve. Garnish with whipped topping and raspberries if desired.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 493 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.